Accès membres

Mot de passe perdu? S'inscrire

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

22-04-2024 11:52

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I made a loan of a collection of Microstoma

11-01-2022 16:36

Jason Karakehian Jason Karakehian

Hi does anyone have a digital copy of Raitviir A (

22-04-2024 08:54

Rafael Cabral

Bonjour à toutes et tous, Quelqu'un pourrait-il

22-04-2024 20:38

Miguel Ãngel Ribes Miguel Ángel Ribes

Good afternoon.Does anyone know this anamorph?It g

21-04-2024 14:29

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

• Genus Brunnipila: Distinct macro and habitat,

19-04-2024 14:28

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

Cudoniella tenuispora: Distinctive macro and habit

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Saccobolus eleutherosporus
Chris Yeates, 22-01-2020 14:17
Chris Yeates
Bonjour tous

This rarely-reported Saccobolus has turned up in England - first found by Nick Aplin in October 2017 in East Sussex. I have recently collected it in West Yorkshire, 300 kilometres to the NW.

As can be seen from the composite image the spores have scattered ornamentation, pale for Saccobolus. In the first collection the spores barely became "free" - an important character in S. eleutherosporus. So a week ago I collected more from the same site (last four images). In what is clearly the same fungus the spores had paler pigmentation than the previous collection and showed all stages from spores "in formation" to totally dissociated ones (the latter very obvious when discharged from the ascus). Indeed it seemed as though the heavier and darker the pigmentation the stronger the attachment of the spore-cluster. In all apothecia I examined there was yellow pigmentation in the paraphyses and often in the ectal excipulum - see image.

I do not think that either Nicolas' or Enrique's collections are S. eleutherosporus. I am puzzled by the apparent rarity of this fungus - there seem to be fewer than 10 authentic collections. Perhaps other AF members know of more than the ones already mentioned (something like 2 each from France, Belgium, Austria & UK).

Cordialement

Chris
  • message #61030
  • message #61030
  • message #61030
  • message #61030
  • message #61030
Michel Delpont, 22-01-2020 18:08
Michel Delpont
Re : Saccobolus eleutherosporus
Good evening Chris.

The presence of what appears to be yellow pigment effectively raises a question; but perhaps it is a question of parasites external to the fungus. On the other hand, I have already found certain species of Saccobolus, such as Saccobolus depauperatus, with the presence of pigment in places. The age of apothecia at may also be of importance. Is this pigment present on all copies?

I think it is still despite everything Saccobolus eleutherosporus, which is not a very common fungus and often difficult to identify with certainty.

Amitiés.

Michel.
Peter Püwert, 22-01-2020 18:49
Peter Püwert
Hello,

here is a link to a discussion in a forum, but unfortunately only in German.

Peter.

Chris Yeates, 22-01-2020 20:59
Chris Yeates
Thank for the link Peter

I have no doubt that the collection is the same species as mine and Nick's. I may have missed it, where was the collection made? Presumably Germany, or perhaps Austria? In answer to Michel's question, there was almost always some yellow present, giving the apothecia that "sparkling wine" colour mentioned in the Pilzforum post.

I shall now think of myself as a Dungpilzfreund ;-) . . .

Chris