Accès membres

Mot de passe perdu? S'inscrire

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

22-04-2024 11:52

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I made a loan of a collection of Microstoma

11-01-2022 16:36

Jason Karakehian Jason Karakehian

Hi does anyone have a digital copy of Raitviir A (

22-04-2024 08:54

Rafael Cabral

Bonjour à toutes et tous, Quelqu'un pourrait-il

22-04-2024 20:38

Miguel Ãngel Ribes Miguel Ángel Ribes

Good afternoon.Does anyone know this anamorph?It g

21-04-2024 14:29

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

• Genus Brunnipila: Distinct macro and habitat,

19-04-2024 14:28

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

Cudoniella tenuispora: Distinctive macro and habit

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
hairy discomycete on living Acer
Khomenko Igor, 17-04-2021 15:01
Khomenko IgorHi,
I'm having trouble identifying this hairy discomycete. I observed it the first time in Dec 2019 on the bark of living Acer and yesterday I found it again on multiple tries, just on bare bark. I thought it may be some long-spored Lachnum sp., but now, because of the shape of paraphyses, I don't think so.

Pictures from 2021- https://inaturalist.org/observations/74176696
Pictures from 2019- https://inaturalist.org/observations/36890974

Asci 8-spored, croziers(+), IKI+b, 118-130x10-13um.
Ascospores very long cylindrical 55-64(90)x2.8-3.7um (observed only in asci);
Hairs hyaline, cylindrical, smooth.
Paraphyses are cylindrical, sometimes forked.

Thanks,
Igor

• message #68477
Stip Helleman, 17-04-2021 20:49
Stip Helleman
Re : hairy discomycete on living Acer
Hallo Igor,

I don't know the species but I would put it In Arachnopeziza based on hymenial characters and hairs, perhaps some inconspicious basal subiculum is present?

cheers,

Stip
Kosonen Timo, 18-04-2021 15:33
Kosonen Timo
Hello,

I agree with Stip - Arachnopeziza should not be excluded at least. The egg yellow colour & with very little subiculum is an unfamiliar combination to me. You could try the Korf (1953) key, but not sure at all what you'll end up with.

The coiled hairs are fascinating as well. Dont see that so often either.

I'd be happy to take a closer look if you feel like sending a sample / duplicate to Europe.

bw

Timo
Hans-Otto Baral, 18-04-2021 16:17
Hans-Otto Baral
First impression is a Capitotricha - but seems excluded by smooth hairs and apparently no crystals, also non-lanceolate paraphyses.

Lachnellula pseudofarinacea has such spores and apparently smooth hairs, but is on conifers and has amyloid asci. Nevertheless, Lachnellula would be my choice, in the meantime it comprises also species on angiosperms, though this seems an exception.
Khomenko Igor, 18-04-2021 17:09
Khomenko Igor
Thank you for everyone's contribution. I do see the resemblance with Arachnopeziza in paraphyses and asci. I wouldn't even consider Lachnellula because of the host and paraphyses, but I'm an amateur.
I have a specimen and I can get more if I need it. Kosonen, if you still want it I can mail it to you.

Thanks,
Igor

Hans-Otto Baral, 18-04-2021 18:11
Hans-Otto Baral
I think the paraphyses are typical of some Lachnellula and smooth bhairs occur in one (ellisiana). And we have a Lachnellula on angiosperm, genetically proved. But it is only a suggestion.
Hans-Otto Baral, 19-04-2021 12:11
Hans-Otto Baral
Hi again

Arian Carter gave me today the great tip that it must be Parachnopeziza miniopsis. He wasn't able to answer on Ascofrance himself, and he has personal collections too.

This species is actually described with an orange disc (Hosoya 2004, paper attached) and curled hairs. Yesterday I did not look at the second collection so I did not see such hairs. I hope the two samples belong to the same species, although this seems reasonable.

Since there is no sequence of this species in GenBank, it would be great to obtain one from the new samples.

Zotto
Kosonen Timo, 19-04-2021 12:15
Kosonen Timo
What a lovely match! Finally some light to Parachnopeziza? I'll prepare the lab! :-)

T
Khomenko Igor, 19-04-2021 18:19
Khomenko Igor
Thank you Zotto and Arian for identifying the fungi and for the paper. It fits perfectly.

Kosonen, I can mail it, the specimen is small and already partially dried and I'm sure it is pretty xerotolerant. It is much easier for me to send in a dehydrated state. Will it work for you?
Kosonen Timo, 19-04-2021 19:32
Kosonen Timo
Dry is ok. 20-30 apothecia is a good number so that there is enough to make a good voucher specimen and some for DNA extraction. Or if there's less, I'll just try to manage. It seems it is possible to recollect so no worries.

Timo
Stip Helleman, 19-04-2021 20:05
Stip Helleman
Great! that is a nice happy ending!

Stip
Khomenko Igor, 20-04-2021 23:49
Khomenko Igor
I collected more material today, so now I have enough. I'm going to mail it in the next few days.

Thanks for the help,
Igor