Accès membres

Mot de passe perdu? S'inscrire

24-04-2024 21:54

éric ROMERO éric ROMERO

Bonjour, J'ai trouvé ce Lasiobolus sur laissées

23-04-2024 15:18

Lothar Krieglsteiner Lothar Krieglsteiner

... but likely a basidiomycete. I hope it is o.k.

23-04-2024 13:17

Edouard Evangelisti Edouard Evangelisti

Bonjour à tous, Je viens de récolter ce que je

23-04-2024 21:49

Ethan Crenson

Hello all, A friend recently found this orange as

22-04-2024 11:52

Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová) Zuzana Sochorová (Egertová)

Hello,I made a loan of a collection of Microstoma

11-01-2022 16:36

Jason Karakehian Jason Karakehian

Hi does anyone have a digital copy of Raitviir A (

22-04-2024 08:54

Rafael Cabral

Bonjour à toutes et tous, Quelqu'un pourrait-il

22-04-2024 20:38

Miguel Ãngel Ribes Miguel Ángel Ribes

Good afternoon.Does anyone know this anamorph?It g

21-04-2024 14:29

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

• Genus Brunnipila: Distinct macro and habitat,

19-04-2024 14:28

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

Cudoniella tenuispora: Distinctive macro and habit

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Geoglossum from NLP Eifel (Germany)
Lothar Krieglsteiner, 22-11-2019 11:18
Lothar Krieglsteiner

... found 12.11.2019, Burg Vogelsang, Eingang, an Straßenböschung zwischen Hieracium pilosella (s.l.). The paraphyses are quite straight, with a lot of septa (short distances) and with some "double cells" as I would consider. The spores (a lot are not yet ripe) are 7-septate, and about 50-75/6-7 µm (but I measured only few). Macroscopically it resembles G. cookeanum that I also found in this week. With the Spanish key I end at G. inflatum, with a lot of doubt. Who can provide me with a proposal?

Best regards, Lothar

• message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
  • message #60120
Till Lohmeyer, 22-11-2019 11:28
Re : Geoglossum from NLP Eifel (Germany)
Kurze Gegenfrage, Lothar: Meinst du mit dem "Spanish key" den aus Errotari 11, 2014 oder etwas Anderes/Neueres?

Gruß, Till
Lothar Krieglsteiner, 22-11-2019 11:35
Lothar Krieglsteiner

ja, von Arauzo & Iglesias.

LG Lothar

Malcolm Greaves, 22-11-2019 23:50
Malcolm  Greaves
Compare with G simile.
Lothar Krieglsteiner, 23-11-2019 10:38
Lothar Krieglsteiner

Hello Malcolm,

thank you very much for your response!

Yes, I was at G. simile, too (with the key of Benkert, and before I tried the Spanish key), but the double cells are only few, and not as abundant as one can see in other figures of G. simile. I know the earth tongues are very variable concerning their paraphyses (for instance G. cookeanum as described already by Benkert). My problem: I already found a lot of earth tongues, but not by now (typical) G. simile.

So I am very happy about your opinion - and yes, perhaps I will consider the specimen G. simile. The differences do not seem very large. But: maybe there are still other opinions?

Best regards, Lothar

Jacques Malassé, 23-11-2019 19:30
Hi all, Can anybody provide me with a copy of the "spanish Key" Many thanks in advance Best Jacques jmalasse@orange.fr
Bernard Declercq, 23-11-2019 21:07
Bernard Declercq
Hi Lothar,

According Hakelier (1967) G. simile, G. uliginosum and G. cookeanum are very similar. As far as I know no sequencing defined the real relationship between these species. These three species have constricted septa and few to many doubble cells in the paraphyses.

G. simile should be excluded as it is linked with fens and wet grassland and has according all literature I know longer spores.

G. uliginosum has a habitat similar to G. simile, has spores with a length somewhat between G. simile and G. cookeanum and typically many paraphyses with an obpyriform end cell. I would exclure G. uliginosum here.

G. cookeanum occurs in mentioned habitat, has the shortest spores, and meets based on macroscopy and microscopy (few double cells) best your collection.

Bernard
Lothar Krieglsteiner, 24-11-2019 10:55
Lothar Krieglsteiner

Hello Bernard,

thank you for your opinion!

To call this G. cookeanum is quite difficult for me. I collected this species often, and very variable, but not in this way. And: according to Benkert G. cookeanum does not have double cells.

Further: I do not believe in a too strict ecolocigal differentiation of (most) species of (black) earth tongues. I have collected (more or less typical) G. cookeanum in dry and wetter areas, in woods, bushes and in grassland, and mostly (but not only) ond calcareous soil (the soil in this specimens is acid). And so I did for instance with Trichoglossum hirsutum (from dry calcareous bushes to acid wet bogs), G. umbratile (dry meadows and bogs) and other species. T. walteri is common in some regions in rather dry acid lawns, but also grows in really wet situations. To argue with ecology is maybe a bit premature, as I believe.

But anyway - likely you are right and I label the specimen G. cookeanum atyp. cf.

Best regards and thanks again,

Lothar

Bernard Declercq, 24-11-2019 11:32
Bernard Declercq
Hi Lothar,

My opinion is based on a study in depth of Geoglossum made by a friend of mine who studied the type species where available (paper in preparation).

I am sorry, Dieter Benkert is a good firend of mine but he was wrong as far as he stipulated that G. cookeanum has no double cells. I never studied German collections, but I confirm that the 80 Belgian collections studied have, among all kind of other forms, few double cells (see photo in annex). Nannfeldt (1942) in his original description does not mention double cells, but the description certainly does not exclude such possibility.

But the forum is made for sharing opinions and experiences which may be different. No problem if we do not agree upon.

Bernard

• message #60152
Lothar Krieglsteiner, 24-11-2019 11:39
Lothar Krieglsteiner

Hello Bernard,

I never observed double cells in cookeanum, too.

And: yes, why should there be a problem about different opinions?

And: I wrote you likely are right about a very unusual form of G. cookeanum.

Best regards and thanks again, Lothar

Luc Lenaerts, 29-11-2019 10:13
Luc Lenaerts
Hello,

I’ve seen 8 specimens of Geoglossum simile, only from very wet conditions, in fens (3 places in Flanders).
The aspect of the paraphyses is very slender, filiform. The double cells are every where.
On the stipe you can find the same paraphyse-like cells.

I never found Geoglossum cookeanum in very wet conditions.
In the 80 collections I’ve seen in Flanders I haven’t found typical double cells (as far as I remember).

An Geoglossum cookeanum with malformed paraphyses?
What is the microscopy of the other specimens?

Best regards
Luc Lenaerts
  • message #60249
  • message #60249
Lothar Krieglsteiner, 29-11-2019 10:22
Lothar Krieglsteiner

Hello Luc,

I agree with (or accept) G. cookeanum with very atypical paraphyses for my specimen. Thanks for your opinion, too. I do not think my collection is G. simile. I never found this species, unfortunately.

In the same week (as the collection above) I found G. cookeanum very typical - with "moliniform" paraphyses.

I found G. cookeanum often through the years, also the forms of Benkert (duckhead-form etc.).

Best regards, Lothar

Sabino Arauzo, 29-11-2019 19:55
Hi Lothar, also I agree with G. cookeanum. I have some collections with a similar type of paraphyses.

Best regards.

Sabino.
Lothar Krieglsteiner, 30-11-2019 09:45
Lothar Krieglsteiner

Hello Sabino,

thank you very much! It is sometimes hard to believe how variable the species is.

And thanks to all who contributed to the determination of (atypical) Geoglossum cookeanum.

Best regards, Lothar