Bonjour et bonne journée, On m'a envoyé une tro

25-03-2024 03:56

B Shelbourne B Shelbourne

• Scuttelinia: Macro and habitat.• S. scutella

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Mollisia ceaspiticia?
Stefan Jakobsson, 12-08-2019 11:34
Hi,

yesterday I found something Mollisia-like on a twig of Betula, hiding on inner bark. It was under a rupture in the outer bark caused by a now dead stroma of Diatrypella favacea or something alike.

The diameter of apos are up to 1.2 mm, greyish - yellowish, turning more brown on drying. Asci 35-42 x 4-7 µm, IKI-. Spores 5-6.5 x 1.5. Parahyses simple 35 x 2 µm.

With Gminder's key the closest I can get is Mollisia ceaspiticia. Any chance that I am somewhere close by?

Stefan

• message #58877
Michel Hairaud, 12-08-2019 12:04
Michel Hairaud
Re : Mollisia ceaspiticia?

HI Stefan,

Your macro and micro match collections of M. caespiticia we regularly make on twigs of Quercus in Brittany, also on dead Diatrypaceae , but hithertoo rather in winter and spring, I.E. during very wet periods.

IKI négative is a striking character of this species

Amitiés

Michel

Hans-Otto Baral, 12-08-2019 14:22
Hans-Otto Baral
I agree with Michel. There is only a problem with Calycina vulgaris which is quite similar. My guess is that the only M. caespiticia in GenBank is something like C. vulgaris, as it is close to unpublished sequences of that species (around 3.3%). So it is not impossible that M. caespiticia is a Calycina close to C.vulgaris and not a Mollisia at all.

Another idea was that M. caespiticia is a Pyrenopeziza. I just moved it back to Mollisia because their is no evidence at present, and it could also be that my folder includes different species. For the sequenced sample only a macro exists which is in the C. vulgaris folder (6.I.2016). 

Zotto
Stefan Jakobsson, 12-08-2019 21:07
Thank you,

I checked what collections we have from Finland. I found only two reliably determined collections by Karsten. One is  the lectotype from the beginning of October, no substrate indicated. The other one is determined by Andreas Gminder, collected in the beginning of September, on Ribes nigrum(?).

Stefan
Hans-Otto Baral, 12-08-2019 21:24
Hans-Otto Baral
Interesting that Karsten also collected on Ribes but also Salix and Sambucus, on dry branches (!).

Gremmen 1958 examined the "type" in H on Sambucus, so this might have been interpreted as lecotypification. But he did not describe it.
Stefan Jakobsson, 12-08-2019 22:00
There are a couple of collections more in the database but without indication that they should have been determined lately. The lectotype is selected by Huhtinen. They are all here:

Probably there are also other collections not in the database.

Stefan
Hans-Otto Baral, 12-08-2019 22:17
Hans-Otto Baral
Thanks for the link, I cannot see Huhtinen and no substrate there, and since Gremmen did not give the date I cannot identify the lectotype. 

I do not see that Huhtinen published on this, how can he have selected a lectotype?
Stefan Jakobsson, 12-08-2019 22:41
It is the one from 1867-10-07. Click the button Show extra info and you will find Typifier: Huhtinen, Seppo.

Better ask him about the details, I don't know.

Stefan
Hans-Otto Baral, 13-08-2019 07:32
Hans-Otto Baral
Ah, somewhat hidden. Long ago Seppo restudied a lot of Karsten's types by making drawings, but did not publish on most of them. The remark "Type publication: Unverified" seems to refer to this.
Andreas Gminder, 17-08-2019 23:43
Andreas Gminder
Hello,

as far as I remember there were two collections in the KARSTEN Herbarium in H, both of which were studied by Seppo as well as by me. I can verifiy tomorrow when I'm at home. And as far as I remember one of them was labelled as Lectotype. Both collections were on Ribes, as far as I remember, but I will check and verify.

best regards,
Andreas