Spores (telles qu'elles apparaissent à l'intérie

24-03-2024 08:27

Thierry Blondelle Thierry Blondelle

HiOn Hedera helix fallen branchEcological habitat:

26-03-2024 11:06

michel bertrand

Bonjour, Malgré de nombreuses recherches, je n'a

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Discomycete on polypore (Trametes versicolor)
Stefan Blaser, 22-09-2016 21:09
Hello everybody,

Any help on this one is welcome:

Habitat: On the poroid hymenium of decaying Trametes versicolor.

Macroscopic description:
Apothecia up to 0.3 mm in diameter, especially in the centre with a grey colour (from the coloured Excipulum), waxy. Margin whitish, translucent, smooth. Apothecia very crowded, in parts seemingly forming a confluent layer.

Microscopic description: Asci 48-65 x 5-6 µm, often somewhat stalked, pleurorhynch, IKI negative. Paraphyses filiform, diameter about 2 µm. Excipulum consisting of textura globosa to textura angularis, cells grey-brown with sometimes thickened walls. Spores hyaline, with a big variety in size and shape. Usually assymmetric, often nearly club-shaped, aseptate or one-septate, size ranging from about 7x2.5 µm up to 13x3 µm.

Many thanks,

Stefan

• message #45046
  • message #45046
  • message #45046
  • message #45046
  • message #45046
  • message #45046
Eduard Osieck, 22-09-2016 22:07
Re: Discomycete on polypore (Trametes versicolor)
Hi Stefan,

This could be Gelatinopsis fungicola: at least colour, spore form and spore size match very well. Moreover, the substrate of this species is Trametes. The species and the other species of the genus have been extensively described and illustrated by Baral & Marson (2011, Monographic revision of Gelatinopsis and Caloriopsis (Calloriopsideae, Leotiales)).

Eduard
Hans-Otto Baral, 22-09-2016 22:29
Hans-Otto Baral
Re : Discomycete on polypore (Trametes versicolor)
Undoubtedly it is!
It would be a great opportunity to take the first sequence of a Gelatinopsis! This would be especially important because we have a sequenced undescribed species that could be Gelatinopsis but we are not sure about the genus.

Stefan, you don't have this possibility?

Regrettably, the type species G. geoglossi seems never to have been recorded in Europe.
Zotto
Stip Helleman, 22-09-2016 23:15
Stip Helleman
Dear Stephan,
If you dont have the posibility, you can send it to me.
regards,
Stip
Stefan Blaser, 23-09-2016 07:05
Great! Many thanks to all of you.

I do not have the possibility for sequencing myself. It would be great if you could do it Stip.
I will contact you by Email.

Stefan
Hans-Otto Baral, 23-09-2016 07:55
Hans-Otto Baral
Thanks a lot Stip, that would be fine! How can I make this good?
Stip Helleman, 23-09-2016 13:00
Stip Helleman
Great thanks Stefan,
@ Zotto, you can occasional advise me on a article ;-)

Stip
Hans-Otto Baral, 23-09-2016 15:15
Hans-Otto Baral
Hoi Stip
I fear that LSu would be helpful in addition to ITS in this case. because closely related sequence are possibly absent so far.
Guy Marson, 23-09-2016 19:37
Hi Stip and Zotto, 
Both of you got an email with a sequence of Gelatinopsis hysteropatellae.
Enjoy,
Guy
Jason Karakehian, 23-09-2016 22:52
Jason Karakehian
I have a recent collection of G. geoglossi from Massachusetts, USA. If someone is working on this I would be happy to send it to you for sequencing.
Stip Helleman, 24-09-2016 00:24
Stip Helleman
Dear Jason,
although it is not the group I am studying I think it is very much in interest of fungal taxonomy if a sequence of the type species came available, from when is your collection? If you have some macro and microphotos of your finding to share with us would be wonderfull, I have never seen this species alive.
For sequencing we need at least 20 fruitbodies of this size and there is no guarantee for success especially when it is so interwoven with the host.

cheers,
Stip
Jason Karakehian, 24-09-2016 02:49
Jason Karakehian
Very good.  Unfortunately I only have one fruitbody which I would be pleased to send the entire collection, but it sounds like this will not suit your needs.  Also, I don't have any notes from the collection.  However, if you are interested in this fungus I know the location where I found it and could always return and search for more. 
Best wishes - Jason
Hans-Otto Baral, 24-09-2016 10:08
Hans-Otto Baral
Hi Jason
these are good news but I  am surprized about only one apo. Long ago i studied the type and remember there was plenty of minute apos on the Trichoglossum. At that time I did not have a Digicam but I noted there were over 1000 apos! See here my drawing of a sample from 1938.

And as Stip says, we urgently need micro-docus of the vital cells of spores, paraphyses etc. This species somewhat resembles a small Hyalorbilia, and perhaps vital taxonomy could give a hint on its true relationship, or more probably molecular data.

Zotto
  • message #45062
Jason Karakehian, 24-09-2016 14:32
Jason Karakehian
Beautiful drawings!
  Yes, my apologies, I meant to write that I had apothecia of the HOST fungus Trichoglossum bearing myriad ascomata of the parasite.  I am looking at my collection now from August, 2011 and find that I actually have two parasitized ascomata of Trichoglossum and a note saying that the parasite fruited on the apothecia and stipes of my collection.  Sorry no other data for this one. 
  Like I said, anyone who is seriously interested in working on this genus is welcome to this collection.  I may be able to spare some time and try to recollect (the locality is 45 min north of Boston) and if I am lucky I would be pleased to ship the collection overnight for examination in the living state.
   Such an interesting genus and I had no idea there were other species.
   Please, let me know if I may be of any assistance.
   Kind regards to all - Jason
Jason Karakehian, 24-09-2016 14:37
Jason Karakehian
PS, from this dried collection, you should be able to rehydrate these Trichoglossum and pluck out the Gelatinopsis apothecia and sequence those. I would think that would work.  Even if you don't have data from living apothecia you can at least obtain a sequence.  I dried these at low temperature in a food dehydrator and it is a fairly recent collection.
  Anyhow - just an idea! :)
Hans-Otto Baral, 24-09-2016 14:52
Hans-Otto Baral
Hi Jason

This sounds better :-) 

It depends a bit if Guy is willing to do the molecular work, then he could do also the microscopy in living state. It will not be cheap to send fresh material so fast.

If you are interested I will send you our paper on the genus, published in 2001 (I have it only as jpg).

Zotto
Jason Karakehian, 24-09-2016 15:00
Jason Karakehian
Thank you Mr. Baral. Please do send the paper.  Let me know what you all decide regarding this.  Yes, overnight shipping will cost dollars - perhaps a small package - not so much.
   Best, Jason
Stip Helleman, 24-09-2016 16:12
Stip Helleman
Thanks for the offer Jason!
lets wait what Guy's answer is

regards,
Stip
Guy Marson, 26-09-2016 23:42
because I do not find my former posting here, I try to post it again:

Hi Jason,

If you wanna send material, chose the following address: 

To the director of the Museum of natural history,
 c/o Guy Marson
1a rue Plaetis,
L-2338 Luxembourg-City
Luxembourg

Considering the customs declaration: ---  Please send only dry material --- and declare it as "dried specimen for scientific use only". Declare the value of the material as $ 0.00 ("zero"$). 

Thanks a lot and best regards, 

Guy
Jason Karakehian, 27-09-2016 00:24
Jason Karakehian
Very good. Will do!  Best - Jason