• Bactridium flavum (anamorph): Distinctive macr

15-04-2024 14:37

Eric Rousseau

Bonjour,Je sais que les cyphelles ne sont pas des

« < 1 2 3 4 5 > »
Lachnum rhytismatis - confirmation
Chris Yeates, 29-05-2016 18:06
Chris YeatesBonjour tous
I collected this on a previous year's leaf of Quercus. The 'crystal balls' on the rather thin-walled verruculose hairs, and spore size and shape point to Lachnum rhytismatis. Croziers were present, but not very easy to find.
Although it has been reported on Quercus a few times in the UK (and Peter Thompson has had it on the 'Quercus-substitute' Castanea sativa) I would welcome confirmation, just in case I have missed something obvious.

Cordialement
Chris
Hans-Otto Baral, 30-05-2016 09:22
Hans-Otto Baral
Re : Lachnum rhytismatis - confirmation
Hi Chris
yes, clearly rhytismatis s.l., and clearly with croziers.

In my files the taxon with croziers has the provisionary name aceriphilum as it seems that the type was without. But I have no info on a published redescription of the type, and no images of samples without croziers on Acer, only of those on Vaccinium. This group seems to be unsettled, maybe Marketa has a manuscript on it.
Zotto
Gernot Friebes, 08-05-2018 18:14
Hi,

I'm posting in this old thread because I have recently collected Lachnum rhytismatis s. l. on Acer without croziers, and I was wondering if there is any news on this group. See here: http://www.ascofrance.com/recolte/4570/leotiomycetes-helotiales-lachnaceae-lachnum-rhytismatis-s-l

I have a previous collection also without croziers from 2015, as well as L. microsporum on Vaccinium leaves. Actually I just saw in Index Fungorum that Lachnum microsporum Velen. is a later homonym of Lachnum microsporum Torrend, thus the name that is generally used for the Vaccinium taxon is illegitimate (to add to the overall confusion...).

Best wishes,
Gernot
Hans-Otto Baral, 08-05-2018 19:57
Hans-Otto Baral
Hi Gernot
this seems actually unsettled. Marketa Sandova worked on it and found that samples with and without croziers are different species, being more important than substrate. 

in my folders it is her L. "aceriphilum" which has croziers and occurs on Acer and Quercus, but with your sample I fear that fungi without croziers occur on the same two hosts.

Look in my folder "Lachnum rhytismatis group"
Zotto
Gernot Friebes, 08-05-2018 20:10
Thank you, Zotto – so one always has to check the presence of croziers regardless of the substrate!

Best wishes,
Gernot